Tuesday, September 16, 2014

New tutorial over at the Peekaboo Patterns blog!

Sorry for the extended absence - the end of the summer was a whirlwind of family fun, settling into the back to school routine (and the beginning of toddler preschool mornings for my little guy!), and lots of pattern testing. I also took a few weeks to write my newest tutorial for the Peekaboo Patterns blog, which will post tomorrow morning (Wednesday 9/17). 


For this one, I made a huge dent in A's fall wardrobe by upcycling mens' tees and long sleeve shirts. I used a variety of patterns to make a fun set of shirts for my boy - many of them feature cars or other means of transportation, but at least a few (like the farm animal one above) managed to get approval from A despite their non-vehicular nature. I've got two mini-tutorials in there - how to add a hood to a basic tee pattern, and an easy way to do some colorblocking - and lots of tips and tricks for making the most of your upcycles. Hope to see you over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment